Friday, August 30, 2013

Aunt Jane's Hero

So I just read Aunt Jane's Hero by Elizabeth Prentiss. I would give you a summary of it but I don't really know what the whole plot was. It had a lot to do with converting to Christianity.

Z
E
B
R
Aunt Jane's Hero
S

I start reading this book thinking it's going to be an easy read, but man that was painful. There was no storyline, yes the characters were the same throughout the book but I had no idea what was going on. It obviously didn't flow since there wasn't much of a storyline and it would make huge jumps. For example, talking about two characters getting married and the next minute they had a two year old. Where did their baby come from? It just appeared. A BIG issue was there was at least 10 mistakes a page. 10!!! Seriously, figure out how to spell. A lot of this problem though could be because it was a Kindle book but feel was spelt feci, I don't know anyone who spells feel like that. I'm a religious person in general and if you're not don't read this book. It was all about converting to Christianity and finding Christ. I guess it had a good message if you could understand it. It definitely challenged what I thought as my religion. Also, the title made no sense, no place in the book did they talk about Aunt Jane's Hero. Finally, the ending. I won't give anything away but the ending was not meant to be part of this book, it was like it was taken out of another book and slapped in there.I do not recommend this book, but if you want to give it a try, all the more power to you.

So, starting in September I'm going to review some old books I've read that won't count towards this challenge, just so my posts aren't so spaced out.

I'm going to read Angela's Ashes next.

Happy reading!
Mackenzie

No comments:

Post a Comment