Monday, June 22, 2015

The Duff

Hey there!

This week I'm reviewing The Duff  by Kody Keplinger.

Seventeen-year-old Bianca Piper may not be the prettiest girl in her high school, but she has a loyal group of friends, a biting wit, and a spot-on BS detector. She's also way too smart to fall for the charms of man-slut and slimy school hottie Wesley Rush. But things aren't so great at home and Bianca, desperate for a distraction, ends up kissing Wesley. Worse, she likes it. Eager for escape, Bianca throws herself into a closeted enemies-with-benefits relationship with him.Until it all goes horribly awry. It turns out Wesley isn't such a bad listener, and his life is pretty screwed up, too. Suddenly Bianca realizes with absolute horror that she's falling for the guy she thought she hated more than anyone. 


This was like the one book that I saw the movie before reading the book because I didn't know it was a book. This book was charming and funny, but I really hated the concept. The Designated Ugly Fat Friend. That's awful! Although at the end it gets turned into a good message blah blah blah. This book was obviously written by a teenager. She is a talented one though. It was extremely cliche. I am a sucker for YA so even though it was a obvious ending I was still pleased. But what was the main character thinking! I mean come on! If I was her I would totally make different choices because the situation was just ridiculous. But it was still funny and I did get kind of sucked in. I gave it 3 out of 4 stars.

Keep reading!
Mackenzie

No comments:

Post a Comment