Monday, May 19, 2014

Sundiata: An Epic of Old Mali

Hello, hello, hello!

So for my history class in the lovely spring semester I was required to read Sundiata: An Epic of Old Mali by D.T. Niane.


I have a lot of "S"s I need to fill up so of course this one will fit just fine and let's use an animal that already has some letters filled in!

G
O
R
Inhale
L
L
Along for the Ride
Sundaiata: An Epic of Old Mali

This is a story that gets passed down by griots. It is a very inspirational little tale of a boy destined to be king. I don;t have much to say on this book. It's interesting that they chose to write the story of Sundiata down after many years of just passing it down because, to kind of quote the griot, a lot gets lost when something is written down instead of told from person to person and I guess writing is stupid...? ( I really don't agree with that considering that's what I live off of). This is one of those books, especially if you're a history buff, you have to read at least once. I gave it 3 out of 5 stars because I didn't hate it and I didn't love it.

Keep reading!
Mackenzie

No comments:

Post a Comment