Sunday, March 31, 2013

Perks of Being a Wallflower

Hey guys!
Sorry, I haven't posted I was on vacation this weekend, which means that I forgot to mention that I started and finished reading Perks of Being a Wallflower. So I have used up all the p's and f's in my alphabet. Finishing Perks of Being a Wallflower gives me:

Perks of Being a Wallflower
E
A
C
O
C
K

So this book was incredibly good. Definitely as good as everyone tells me it is. It is a very singular and intimate book. What I mean by that is, that it is written in letter form to a person who doesn't know who the main character is, so as opposed to a diary, the main character, Charlie, isn't worried about being found out or having his diary found, so he can be very open with this person. It singles the reader out as if they're the person receiving the letters. This book does show you what high school is about and how fitting in isn't always easy, although most of us know that by now. It gives insight to the unwritten initiation into high school. Overall, this book should be on a must read list for most people. It may sound like the "typical" book for a teen, but it's so much more than that.

Another note: I'm not sure if I've mentioned that I've paused reading The Two Towers. I'm just losing steam with it. I'll definitely come back to it before this challenge is over. But I am reading The Happiness Project, and I think I may start my own happiness project, but I'll keep you posted on that.

Ta-ta for now!
Mackenzie

No comments:

Post a Comment