Monday, May 5, 2014

Mountain Madness

Hello there!

So I read this book Mountain Madness by Daniel Pyle. I only have one M available to me in my challenge and I want to save for a really special book (I haven't figured out what yet), so I can't give it to this book. Here's what this lovely book look like.


So like I said, I'm not including this in my challenge so you'll just get my review.

This book is two shortish stories in one book. I'll take them one by one. First is Dismember. This is a psychological thriller. It was very unrealistic, which is fine in a horror book by all means, but not in a psychological one. This is supposed to freak you out and and make you not want to be home alone and this book just didn't do it. Freeze was a little better. The creatures were an interesting concept but it was WAAAAY overly gruesome. Both were very overly gruesome and they didn't need to be. I am, by no means at all, against gore but there is a line and this was way over the line into ridiculous. All characters were underdeveloped and so was the plot. I know I've said this before but shorter isn't always better, shorter is NOT better when you can't figure out how to fully develop anything in such a short amount of pages. He also didn't end them properly. I gave it 2 out of 5 stars simply because I didn't hate the books. They were alright. I wouldn't necessarily recommend the book to anyone, unless you're a HUGE guts and gore fan.

Keep on reading!
Mackenzie

No comments:

Post a Comment