Sunday, May 4, 2014

Self-Inflicted Wounds: Heartwarming Tales of Epic Humiliation

Hi there!

So this next book, Self-Inflicted Wounds: Heartwarming Tales of Epic Humiliation by Aisha Tyler, was given to me as a Christmas gift because I am not he most graceful person in the world. I'm actually far toward the bottom of the list of most graceful people in the world.

I'm going to add this to ELEPHANTS because I am so close to finishing it.

Ender’s Game
L
E
Persepolis (The Complete)
Happiness Project (The)
Angel in a Fur Coat
Narrative of Fredrick Douglass
Two Towers (The)

Self-inflicted Wounds: Heartwarming Tales of Epic Humiliation

Two left to go! Woo-Hoo! I love elephants!

So in all seriousness, this book was funny. It is a memoir about Aisha's life. It wasn't just stories about not being graceful but it was more about how awkward she is and by being awkward she humiliated herself. There were some stories that I didn't understand the point of and I didn't see how that story was at all harmful and could possibly just be a filler to make the book longer. Some stories I just didn't like at all. Good stories outnumbered the rotten tomatoes though. I would suggest this book to anyone who is awkward and needs a pick me up. Or just wants to laugh at someone else. Schadenfreude, right? I gave this book a 4 out of 5 stars because overall it was funny and I could relate to some of the stories because I am clumsy and awkward.

Keep reading!
Mackenzie

No comments:

Post a Comment