Friday, May 2, 2014

Fortunately, the Milk

Hey everyone!

So, the next book I read during my break of posting was Fortunately, the Milk by Neil Gaiman. I read this while it was very slow at work one day. It barely makes my page minimum clocking in at 114 pages. BUT I finished F already as Desmond told you in that last post. So you will simply have my review and a lovely picture of the cover.


Neil Gaiman, how silly you are. I really am fond of him. His stories are ridiculously silly, which is not very traditional in books. The other nice thing about his books is that they can be children's books AND adult books and not just an adult reading a children's book. This one however, is a children's book. It is far too goofy to be anything but. This story takes you through the adventure of a father who is simply trying to bring his children back some milk for their breakfast cereal. He goes through crazy obstacles and adventures to do so, and it is priority to make sure he gets the milk home. It was a really cute book. I would definitely read this to little kids. You can see Gaiman's imagination running wild with this book, as in many of his books. I gave it a 3 out of 5 stars for the fact that I was an adult reading it, although I did really enjoy sillyness of it, it .would have been better were I child reading it for the first time. I would suggest this to people who have little ones or to little ones reading this blog (?) or even to people who have a great imagination. I enjoyed this very short read and I think you should read it to your wee ones.

Happy reading!
Mackenzie

No comments:

Post a Comment