Monday, July 13, 2015

Gallows Hill

Hello!

Clearly I'm in a dark phase. This week's review is on Gallows Hill by Lois Duncan.

Role-playing takes on a terrifying cast when 17-year-old Sarah, who is posing as a fortune-teller for a school fair, begins to see actual visions that can predict the future. Frightened, the other students brand her a witch, setting off a chain of events that mirror the centuries-old Salem witch trials in more ways than one.

Hobbit (The)
E
Divergent
Gallows Hill
E
Handmaid’s Tale (The)
O
G

S

Finally a book that fits into my challenge. It's almost like I forgot what I was doing. This is clearly a YA horror. It was cheesy and the ending I just don't know what was happening with that. They're not challenging books which makes for a quick read if you want a little fix of not-so-scary horror. The beginning was pretty good. The flashbacks and the connections to Salem were really cool. The characters were a little eh and underdeveloped. The plot was all over the place and I really wish she explained the paperweight better. I gave it 3 out of 5 stars.

Happy reading!
Mackenzie

No comments:

Post a Comment