Monday, June 24, 2013

Xenocide

Hey everyone!

I'm writing this post during the commercial breaks of Under the Dome! :) So exciting!!!
But anyway, I finished Xenocide by Orson Scott Card, the third book in the Ender's Game series. This book is a science fiction book continuing on the fight for a planet called Lustiania and against the ever morphing descolada virus. I have now finished my "X"s.

Xenocide
E
N
O
P
S

I think I've gotten better at analyzing and reviewing books but we'll see what you think. This book was a little bit different than the other two books. This book was very philosophical and more science-y and religious than the other two books. You really have to focus on what you're reading in order to understand what's going on and even then the it's such an abstract concept that it's hard to grasp. Card had to really think out of the box for this book, it was crazy. This book had a lot of plot holes and it jumped around a lot. Although it's nice a few old characters return, I don't think it's necessary. I didn't feel any frustration with this book. Maybe a little but not enough to make me get up and pace. There wasn't really any excitement either. Similar to the first two books, there's some mature content. This series has really gone down hill and I'm going to wait to read the next book for a while. The only reason I'm reading the next book is because the ending of this book made me feel like I need to continue, it doesn't tie things nicely. The first book was the only book that tied things nicely at the end and didn't make you feel like you needed to read the next book.

I'm almost one with this cute book called Angels in a Fur Coat. After I finish that I'm going to read I Am Legend in memorium of the late Richard Matheson.

Happy reading!
Mackenzie

No comments:

Post a Comment