Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Frustration and Excitement but Mainly Frustration

I say this a lot, but I wanted to reiterate this point. If a book makes you feel so frustrated you have to walk away, it is a very well written book. If it makes you feel frustrated but you can handle it and keep reading, it's a good book. If you feel no frustration, it is not very well written and might not be worth reading. That's a way I judge my books and how I rate them. It's important to have some feelings when reading a book and I personally think frustration or anger is the most important because the author is getting to you. The other most important emotion is excitement, the excitement to move on with the book, or when you squeal with excitement at something that just happened.

Just some food for thought.
Mackenzie

No comments:

Post a Comment