Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Angels and Demons

I promise I haven't abandoned you. I just finished Angels and Demons by Dan Brown. This is a great mysterious, suspenseful book about a Harvard symbologist who is called to help find a murderer who is suspected to be part of an underground organization that was thought long deceased.

Angels and Demons
R
M
A
D
I Am Legend
L
L
O

I love this book. It is a quick read because the chapters are shorter and the book is so captivating. It is so creative and the book really comes to life when Brown uses real life references to statues and building that are still standing. As I was reading this I started remembering bits and pieces but I think my knowledge of this book and The Da Vinci Code kind of blurred together because parts of the book I thought were in the other book were in this one and vice versa. Even though I have read this book before, it was a long enough time span that the book was still fairly unpredictable. There are so many twists and turns throughout the book. Dan Brown had to be very knowledgeable about history, religion, and science to write this book. It was truly a work of genius.It is a good idea when reading this book to have Google open at all times. I used it a lot, especially to look up certain sculptures and buildings referenced in the book. It was nice also to do some extra research on Christian rules and the underground group that resurfaced.

I'm going to read Alice's Adventures in Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass as one book.

Happy reading!
Mackenzie

No comments:

Post a Comment