Friday, September 26, 2014

Sarah's Diary

Hello, hello, hello!

Bonus book review! This next book, Sarah's Diary by Tshombe Amen, is under 100 pages. As a rule, I don't count any book under 100 pages towards my challenge, so you get a bonus review!

"Sarah's Diary" is a compilation of diary entries of a 14 year old girl as she searches for her missing parents and as her life goes in a downward spiral.


This book reminds me of the movie The Strangers. This is obviously in diary form and it's from the point of view a 14 year old girl who has just moved to California. I can't tell if this a true story or not. (If you have any information on this, please, please, PLEASE let me know!) Because it's in diary form it is the bare bones of a story, but it's enough to make you go crazy. It truly captures the personality of a 14-year old. She's a totally normal 14 year-old and then bam it goes CRAZY! She has normal teenage mood swings. But she's on drugs and what not and she's out of the house a lot. Why were her parents not concerned? There's a lot in this book that could make it seem unreal but then again when you're on drugs and crazy and hallucinating a lot can happen. There has not been a book in a long time that has had me so paranoid. This book was so creepy my skin was crawling for DAYS! I was tempted to give it 5 out of 5 stars. But there were some details that I could not look past if it is a fictitious story. I went with the safer review of 4 out of 5 stars.

Happy reading!
Mackenzie

No comments:

Post a Comment