Monday, September 15, 2014

Where She Went

Hey there!

The next book I read was Where She Went by Gayle Forman which was the sequel to If I Stay. If you missed my review for If I Stay feel free to follow the link below:

If I Stay Review

It's been three years since Mia walked out of Adam's life. And three years he's spent wondering why. When their paths cross again in New York City, Adam and Mia are brought back together for one life-changing night. Adam finally has the opportunity to ask Mia the questions that have been haunting him. But will a few hours in this magical city be enough to lay their past to rest, for good - or can you really have a second chance at first love?


Where She Went
H
A
L
E
S

I didn't like this book. I was content with the ending of the first book and was quite sad that there was a second book...but I knew I had to read it to find out. This book was very cliched and Gayle Forman even said at points during books that the things she was writing was cliched. There were also a lot of flashbacks and unlike the first book the flashbacks were unclear and the story got muddled and fuzzy. I wasn't sure where I was. This book was very repetitious of the first book, which is good if you haven't read the first book but if you have read the first book (which I'm sure most people who go on to the second book has) it's redundant. My other complaint is that in the book Adam holds back tears because he has a Y-chromosome and if you have a Y-chromosome you're not allowed to cry. I strongly dislike gender stereotypes and the worst thing you can tell a young boy is that they're not supposed to cry. That was just one little detail that bothered me a whole lot. I gave it a 3 out of 5 stars because it was nice to know that happened after although it didn't leave much to the imagination.

Happy reading!
Mackenzie

No comments:

Post a Comment