Monday, November 17, 2014

The Bourne Identity

Hello!

Next, on my list was The Bourne Identity by Robert Ludlum.

He is running for his life. A man with an unknown past and an uncertain future. A man dragged from the sea -- and loved by the woman he had used as a shield, a woman who refuses to believe he is a killer. Until words from his past spill out. One of the words is Carlos, world's most dangerous assassin.


Z
E
Bourne Identity
R
Aunt Jane’s Hero
S

I have finished the "B"s.

Alright, I have to start off with that this was a really good book with a really good plot and concept behind it. I really liked that the reader was finding out who Bourne was as he was finding out. There were no other characters giving background information. It's hard to write in third person and not be objective but Ludlum did it. This book became somewhat of a clustermug (in the words of Big Jim from Under the Dome). Sometimes it would switch between scenes and Ludlum wouldn't explain who was there or where it was happening. The other confusing piece was names. They gave you a person's full name once and then they either used their last name or nickname. I had no idea who have the people were because they had five different names! It became a little overwhelming. I think I missed a lot of big plot twists because I didn't know who they were talking about. This book was fairly dense in general and to read it you need to be focused. I gave it a 4 out of 5 stars because it was overall very, very good.

Happy reading!
Mackenzie

P.S. I don't know if I'll continue with the series but I'll keep you posted on that.

No comments:

Post a Comment