Monday, March 23, 2015

The Pied Piper of Hamelin

Hey everyone!

Next up is The Pied Piper of Hamelin by Russell Brand, yes Russell Brand wrote a children's book...I think.


Well I don't think I would ever read this to a child. The whole time I was thinking, "What the heck am I reading?" I'm sure most of you know the story of the Pied Piper and this I guess is the same thing...just really weird. As an adult it was an amusing read. As I was reading I found it jumped around so much I thought I was missing pages because it didn't follow through and it was very unfocused. The seemingly main character, Sam, really shows up about five times and he really isn't necessary for the story. I don't even know why he was there. Brand really forced the morals but never explained them. After mentioning something of importance once he just left it. This is definitely something that would come out of Russel Brand's mouth. Maybe he should stick to writing about himself. I gave this book 3 out of 5 stars.

Keep reading!
Mackenzie

P.S. This book was read in order to fulfill the "A book you can finish in a day" category in my 2015 book challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment