Friday, March 13, 2015

The Scorch Trials and The Death Cure

Hello!

At the beginning of the week I reviewed The Maze Runner by James Dashner. Now naturally I have to review The Scorch Trials  and The Death Cure. I'll do as I have done before where I don't provide a summary and just give you a quick review.


The second installment in the series was definitely more action packed. This was probably my favorite book of the series. There is a lot more scenery in this book and the characters are better developed. Oh and the feels in this book! I had so many emotions I didn't know what to do with myself! There was a lot of sleeping and passing out on Thomas's part... a lot. Dashner again kept a lot from the reader for a good majority of the book and I found myself getting frustrated that I couldn't know, I gave this book a 5 out of 5 stars.


I lost faith. This book was like the typical third book in a series like this. It was good but it's been done. Also, so much was left without explanation. I guess that's what the prequel is for. I'm still so confused not a great way to end a series. This book was a lot of back and forth, who's good, who's bad, they're here, now they're back to point A. And why? I'm not sure. This book lost a lot. It could have been great and it kind of failed. There was a lot of action and twists and turns but the end just left me hanging. I gave it 3 out of 5 stars,

Happy reading!
Mackenzie

No comments:

Post a Comment