Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Warriors Don't Cry

Hey everyone!

So since I'm an Education major I was required to take Education in American Society. For this class I was required to read Among Schoolchildren, which I've already reviewed for you all. The second book we had to read was Warriors Don't Cry by Melba Patillo Beals.




Yay!
I still have W's left to fill.

N
A
R
Warriors Don't Cry
H
A
L

This book is the recount of Melba Patillo Beals, one of the Little Rock Nine, and her time integrating previously all white schools. Most of us have heard the stories but this was her story. It was exactly what happened to her and how horrible it really was. We have learned what we know most likely from history textbooks but here's the chance to hear it from a new primary source perspective. I really enjoyed this book because it was a new way of hearing it. I gave it a 4 out of 5 stars.

Happy reading!
Mackenzie

No comments:

Post a Comment