Monday, June 16, 2014

11/22/63

Hey everyone!

Now it's time to get into one of my favorite authors of all time...Stephen King! I recently read 11/22/63 and man is that a heavy book or what.

So this book starts with a number and doesn't fit into my challenge but you'll get a review anyway.

The title of this book pretty much gives you a lot of background information on this book. For those of you who haven't gotten the hint, it's about JFK's assassination. Not a secret. But how could Stephen King possibly use this information. Well actually, quite cleverly. What would happen if JFK lived? Well read this book and you'll see one possible scenario, although a little far-fetched in the world we live in. And the ending was so heartfelt. I did shed a few tears. I think one negative of this book is the length, there is a lot in that book that maybe could have been cut out. And it was repetitive, he's just doing the same thing over and over but a lot of it only needs to be said once. I really liked the concept of the story but it took so long to execute it and I gave it a 3 out of 5 stars for that reason.

Keep reading!
Mackenzie

No comments:

Post a Comment