Monday, June 2, 2014

The Fault in Our Stars

Well, hello there!

Yes, I read The Fault in Our Stars by John Green. This was the main reason that I stopped just reading to fill in letters of my book quest. I wanted to see what the hype was about and I couldn't find out since I used all of my F's. I'm sure you all know what the cover looks like since it's been talked about since it has come out, but here it is anyway and four days before the movie comes out:


And onto my review:

Yes, I sobbed. Yes, I laughed. Yes, I loved this book. But did I? It's about a girl who has terminal cancer. As I was reading this I wondered if Green had had someone close to him or had personally gone through this to make him come up with this perfectly acceptable point of view on life. But no he hasn't. So I don't know how I feel about him writing this story. Is it his story to tell? But I guess no one had a right to tell any story in that case. But because it's a subject so close to me, I tend to get defensive. It is fantastically written with all it's very corny lines and I guess it's just a moral dilemma that keeps me from giving it five stars. The other thing that bothered me was it was kind of predictable. Although any book is hard not to predict. So, I gave it 4 out of 5 stars because of the feels. Oh my feels! I don't know how to handle them. If you don't want to conform and be like everyone else and read this book, that's your decision, and this is my review so take it as you wish.

Happy reading!
Mackenzie

No comments:

Post a Comment