Monday, December 8, 2014

The Giver Quartet

Hey there!

Over the summer I reviewed The Giver by Lois Lowry. After that I read the last three books in the series. As I did with the "Lorien Legacies", I'm going to lump them all together in one review. If you missed my review on The Giver you can find it at the link below:

The Giver Review

Gathering Blue



Unless you have read the fine print, you would never know this is in anyway related to The Giver. It was a really good book though. I love the fact that there is an imperfect protagonist and she is quite an amazing one at that. The protagonist has a super cute little sidekick too! The story seemed to take place in a time that was before this time. The village has very simple ways that seem less complex than those in The Giver. This book was a really good story. It was fantastical and dystopian, unlike The Giver which is just total dystopian-this-could-be-us-soon story. I gave this a 4 out of 5 stars.

Messenger


My favorite Matt is back. This book is clearly connected to Gathering Blue and connections form to The Giver. I can't stress enough how incredible the writing is in all of these books. This book was very supernatural. Not fantastical and not dystopian really. This book also seems to take place in the past with simplistic ways. The idea of this story was great. This book was a super quick read. I gave it 3 out of 5 stars.

Son


This book takes us back to the very beginning. All the way back to The Giver and the Ceremony of Twelves. And through Claire's life. In this story all things come together. The series ended so nicely, although I was sad to see it end. The adjectives and description in this book were so good! This book almost lived up to The Giver. I gave it 4 out of 5 stars.


I highly suggest this series. It's so good and one of my favorites.

Happy reading!
Mackenzie

No comments:

Post a Comment