Thursday, February 21, 2013

The Hobbit

So as I said in my last post I would review the books I read. So I decided to start on HEDGEHOG. So far I have, drum roll please:
Hobbit (The)
E
D
G
E
H
O
G
So far so good. We'll make it eventually.
So as for my review for The Hobbit, there are so many things I could say about it. But first and foremost what an excellent book. This was one of the rare times I saw the movie before I read the book ( a crime in my mind) and of course, as in most cases, the book was better. The book is perfect for anyone who wants a quick fantasy read. Usually, there was a lot of action to keep the reader's attention which is great because I don't have a very long attention span. There were some parts in the book that made me question it but those were few and far between. I don't want to spoil it for anyone who hasn't read it so I'll keep my mouth shut. But this should definitely be on a list of books to read at least once, especially if you are a fantasy fan. It's even suitable for children over seven-ish. The language wasn't hard and it didn't go into gory details during battles. But anyway, great job Tolkien.
Also, a funny story about finishing The Hobbit. I'm taking a literature class and after a long day I have it at 4:30. So, at this point I'm still deperately trying to finish reading. So, my teacher is talking about the book for class and I'm pretending that The Hobbit is the class book. Finally, I finished withing the first ten minutes of class and could go about listening to the class discussion.
Well, I'm off to do some reading before going off into dreamland, so onto my next book which has no part in HEDGEHOG, The Funniest Cop Stories Ever by Scott Baker and Tom Philbin.
Ta-ta for now! And happy reading!
Mackenzie

No comments:

Post a Comment