Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Jamilti and Other Stories Part II

Okay, so Jamilti and Other Stories by Rutu Modan took me an hour to read. It's a book full of short comics. There isn't much to say about this book, it was good and the drawings were excellent (it was nice that most were in color). The stories were quick and for short stories with barely any words to a page they usually created a nice story. In comic books generally, I love the subtle details of the pictures that add so much to the text if you notice them and I felt like this book did this successfully. I didn't like it as much as the last two graphic novels I read for this class because there wasn't a full story line throughout the book and I liked how the other two were true stories. On a side note, the last story reminds me of Misery by Stephen King (one of my favorite books), in a very vague way.

I will probably be writing a post later with my review of The Happiness Project, just as a heads up.

Keep reading!
Mackenzie

No comments:

Post a Comment