Monday, July 21, 2014

About a Boy

Hey everyone!

So, I'm sure some of you have heard of or seen the new TV series "About a Boy" well guess what! It's based on a book and a movie. So I just happened to read About a Boy by Nick Hornby.


N
About a Boy
R
Warriors Don’t Cry
H
A
L

S

Alright, so if you have seen the TV show it is nothing like it. People keep asking me what this book is about and I can't really describe it other than it's about a boy. I can round that summary out a little more; it's about a boy who is trying to find his way in the world and what life is about. It's a book about connections and family. This book was quirky and strange. The connection between characters are strange and it definitely sends a strange but good message. All around it's a strange book but a good book. The characters are well developed and so is the plot. It's almost a coming of age story and Marcus is forced to grow up too soon. About a Boy was cute. I can't put my finger on who I would recommend it to. It's not really a light book but it's not very heavy. It's in the middle of everything. I would suggest it to anyone who wants to branch and I would tell everyone to give it a try. I gave it a 3 out of 5 stars because I wasn't quite sure how I felt about it, it was kind of middle of the road.

Keep reading!
Mackenzie

No comments:

Post a Comment