Friday, July 18, 2014

Four

Hey there!

So last Tuesday, I saw Veronica Roth speak and got my signed copy of Four. I finished the book quickly and wanted to give you my opinion on Allegiant before we went back in time and reviewed Four. So bonus review this week!

Here are the previous Veronica Roth reviews for those who haven't read them yet:

Divergent
Insurgent
Allegiant



Okay, I don't really have a lot to say about this book. This book is a compilation of four stories and three "exclusive" scenes, all from Four's perspective. The first three stories take place before Divergent even happens and we get to hear the full beginning of Four's life and his story. The fourth story happens in the middle of Divergent. The three exclusive scenes are scenes found in Divergent only told from Four's perspective. When I went into this book it was so hard for me to read it in Four's voice because I was so used to reading in Tris's  voice. I felt like pieces of the stories were missing and jumped around a little.Also, there were a few continuity issues. I understand it's hard writing stories that happen before your first book but it's crucial to make sure that everything lines up correctly. I really liked the first three stories. The fourth story and the three exclusive scenes were the same story as Divergent. There was a little more insight that was given to later events in Divergent but not that different. Overall, it was kind of cool to see it from Four's perspective. I gave it 4 out of 5 stars.

Happy reading!
Mackenzie

P.S. It seemed appropriate to bump this review up. I'm flying through books and I have reviews into October already!

No comments:

Post a Comment