Monday, August 11, 2014

The Graveyard Book

Hello, there!

Alright, next on the list is The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman. As I was reading this book I took a lot of notes so my review would be juicy but my phone broke and I lost all of the notes I had. So I'm trying to write this from memory.

Nobody Owens, known to his friends as Bod, is a normal boy. He would be completely normal if he didn't live in a sprawling graveyard, being raised and educated by ghosts, with a solitary guardian who belongs to neither the world of the living nor of the dead. There are dangers and adventures in the graveyard for a boy - an ancient indigo man, a gateway to abandoned city of ghouls, the strange and terrible fleer. But if Bod leaves the graveyard, then he will be in danger from the man Jack - who has already killed Bod's family


Defending Jacob
Insurgent
N
Graveyard Book (The)
O
S

I really liked this book. It was a good book for children and teens and like I've said before Neil Gaiman has a fantastic imagination. Also, specifically in this book his play on words is genius. I really love the concept of the book and the characters were all really well developed. I like that this book seems to be all separate stories and they don't even mention the main character from chapter 1 until chapters 4 and 7 and then the end. I like the thought of separate stories that are all tied together. The one complaint about this is you never find out much about Silas. I know he's supposed to be a mysterious character but Gaiman mentions his journey a few times and never actually goes into detail about it. I never really understood what Silas was or what his deal was. I gave this book a 4 out of 5 stars because it was so well written.

Happy reading!
Mackenzie

No comments:

Post a Comment