Monday, August 18, 2014

Exhale

Hey!

So a while ago I posted a review for Inhale by Kendall Grey, which means here comes the sequel! Exhale by Kendall Grey is the second book in the Just Breathe trilogy. I started this book right after I finished Inhale but couldn't get into to it quick enough but when I picked it back up I flew through it. If you missed the review of Inhale check out the link below:

Inhale Review

The man of Zoe Morgan’s dreams isn’t only real, he’s interested. In her. But her boss wants her too, and is leveraging his unsolicited advances with the threat of blocking the huge promotion she's after. When he places a spy on her research team, the intense stranger discovers more than he should, and Zoe fears hiding a relationship with Gavin Cassidy from her boss is the least of her worries. The whale she must protect has been marked for death, and Zoe's old enemy Scarlet is eager to deliver the killing blow. To both of them. Australia’s Sentinels must find and lock the door into the Dreaming before Fyre Elementals launch another attack on innocent dreamers. But corruption and distrust abound, and Gavin believes someone on the Sentinel council is in league with the Fyres. As he reluctantly embraces his new role as council leader, Gavin must not only keep Zoe safe from Scarlet's vengeful clutches, but organize a Sentinel defense strong enough to prevent a full-blown Elemental war—with a traitor fighting by his side.



One more letter!

Ender’s Game
L
Exhale
Persepolis (The Complete)
Happiness Project (The)
Angel in a Fur Coat
Narrative of Fredrick Douglass
Two Towers (The)
Self-inflicted Wounds: Heartwarming Tales of Epic Humiliation

I'm so excited I'm almost done with an animal, and it's my favorite too! Straight into the review of the book. I liked this book. The story continues right where the first one left off. Except this book took place more in real life then in the dreaming world. I really love the story behind it, it's a very cool idea. A lot of people touch on the subject of balancing the Elements but I've never seen anyone put roles to balancing the elements. Similarly to the first book it comes with a warning, but again like the first one there isn't a lot of sex or cursing. There is some but it's not like that's what the book is about. There is violence but in most books there are. Some parts were still confusing and a lot of the pieces from the first book weren't cleared up. But fear not there is another book. I gave it a 3 out of 5 stars. (I've been a harsh critic lately with the ratings).

Keep reading!
Mackenzie

P.S. This is another book I lost all of my notes for.


No comments:

Post a Comment